At L’Oréal, we share a common passion for beauty with influencers. Influencers are a brilliant way for us to connect with consumers in a more personalized way and to build closer relationships with them. Because we respect consumers and want to continue to deserve their trust, transparency and integrity are key. We are committed to developing transparent, respectful, and professional relationships with influencers and indirectly, with their respective audiences.
With this vision in mind, and taking into account the ethical stakes associated to relationships, the present Value Charter is a mutual commitment to engage in a genuine relationship in which both our values and those of the influencers are aligned and in harmony.
1. L’Oréal is committed to respect towards all people and celebrates beauty in all its diversity, and collaborates with people of all genders, backgrounds, skin types and walks of life. We seek to work with influencers who share our values and Ethical Principles – Integrity, Respect, Courage and Transparency. We reserve the right to pursue due diligence depending on the nature of the relationship we are entering in. In this case, we only review information already in the public domain.
2. We seek to partner with influencers who have built their following organically through efforts and talent. We check that influencers do not buy or artificially inflate follower count or engagement through paid-for or ‘like-for-like’ means.
3. We are fully transparent when communicating about the nature of our relationship with influencers, not only because we must comply with the applicable regulations worldwide, but also to ensure and retain consumer trust.
4. We outline our expectations, objectives and other details like timing for publications (or posting deadlines) in a clear way. We provide influencers with the creative liberty of relaying the message in their own style and voice as we value their creativity and authenticity.
5. We respect our mutual terms of agreement in terms of image, author’s rights and personal data.
6. We do not work with influencers who are under 16 years old or the legal contractual age.
7. We will act and communicate respectfully with influencers during all interactions, whether virtual or face-to-face.
1. Influencers commit to communicating in an authentic way, sharing creative, engaging and valuable content.
2. Influencers share with L’Oréal the same Ethical principles and values and commit to not posting or have previously posted content which is at odds with our values of respect, tolerance and inclusion. Furthermore, influencers will not share views or engage in behavior which could be interpreted as racism, antisemitism, homophobia, misogyny, religious intolerance, violence, bullying or aggressiveness towards others, pornography or any type of criminal activity.
3. Influencers are free to share honest opinions about our products and brands, while refraining from posting defamatory content on them.
4. Depending on the nature of the relationship, influencers commit to respect terms of agreement including rules of engagement, expectations and objectives, or content posting deadlines.
5. Influencers shall communicate in a transparent way regarding the nature of their relationship with L’Oréal by fully disclosing their commercial interests to their audience, so that there is complete transparency when content has been paid-for or incentivized (paid partnership, #SponsoredBy, etc).
6. Influencers will respect all image and authorship rights as well as all consumer rights to data privacy.
7. Influencers will act and communicate respectfully with L’Oréal teams during all their interactions, whether virtual or face-to-face.
You can download the L'Oréal influencer value charter